NMR Scientist/ Engineer
Posted On January 5, 2016
The successful candidate is expected to have a PhD in chemistry,physics, electrical engineering, or similar, and experience with modern high-field ssNMR methods and the equipment associated therewith, including experience developing and implementing advanced NMR methods for biological or inorganic samples. Studies or experience in Dynamic Nuclear Polarization (DNP) is highly desirable. Responsibilities will include setting up and running NMR experiments, with guidance from senior scientists, using state-of-the-art NMR probes on a JEOL ECA 500 WB NMR spectrometer and communicating their effectiveness. The initial work will include testing of products, demonstration of new capabilities, customer service, product development, and technical writing. Current efforts at Doty Scientific Inc (DSI) include development of a CryoMAS-DNP NMR probe that utilizes closed-cycle helium cryocoolers and high-power rf circuitry operating in high vacuum, and development of small fast sample spinners for ssNMR.
- Technical writing, leadership, and presentation skills, demonstrated by substantial contributions to several peer-reviewed relevant publications and technical presentations, are required.
- Experiences in the following areas are a plus (somewhat in order of significance):
- Controls engineering,
- 3D EM simulations using CST, HFSS or COMSOL RF,
- Proposal writing, patent drafting
- Agilent-Genesys rf circuit simulations,
- Sales of analytical instruments, business management,
- Cryogenics, mechanical manufacturing,
- JEOL NMR spectrometers,
- Autodesk Inventor, and WinSim or Aspen.
Doty Scientific, located in a suburban industrial park northeast of Columbia, SC, has an impressive track record that includes receiving strong support from the National Institutes of Health for the development of advanced methods for ssNMR. DSI provides an excellent work and growth opportunity, in a pleasant, progressive, and well-equipped environment, in a small company known world-wide for innovation and excellence, with exceptional growth opportunity.
Doty Scientific provides a competitive full benefit package and salary. Send resume, including a copy of a relevant publication, to email@example.com .